25th December, 2017
After spending three relaxing days in Samode & Jaipur we headed back home, but before that we would like to share a few recommendations, reviews and suggestions to make your Jaipur trip memorable as well !
Here are a few suggestions by MIRINDA to make your Jaipur experience totally WORTH IT!
Getting to Samode Palace from Jaipur
The 475 year old Samode Palace combines the best of Indian & Mughal style of architecture. Samode a small village located around 60 kms from Jaipur, boasts 2 beautiful properties Samode Palace and Samode Baug. Both very exclusive and discreet, have been hosts to a lot of royalty, celebrities, artists and discerning travelers.
There are multiple options as per the city you are from to visit Samode Palace. But the best way from any major city of India is to take a flight to Jaipur and then take a taxi straight to Samode Palace. Given its strong cultural heritage, Jaipur is home to many international tourists every year. Hence the Jaipur Airport is quite a busy one. From the Jaipur Airport, Samode Palace is located at a distance of 60 kms and it takes about 1 hours by road.
Suggestions to keep in mind
- Before booking the Samode Palace, we suggest you check out their website for exciting offers. We got a great deal of 3 nights at the price of 2 nights, which included 2 nights at Samode Haveli in Jaipur and 1 night at Samode Palace in Samode.
- Samode Haveli is a total contrast from the Samode palace, located in the hustle and bustle of the old city of Jaipur, the pink city.
- Samode Haveli has a lovely pool and a fully equipped gym. Make sure you make full use of it. The open to sky pool with a bar is the perfect setting. Having a chilled beer after a nice dip in the pool is perhaps one of the best things to do on a warm Jaipur evening.
- Uber is easily available through Jaipur. It is also quite cheap as compared to other local taxis. We highly recommend of using Uber for your local travels in the Jaipur City.
- Amer Fort is a very popular tourist destination which is frequented by both Indians as well as by foreigners. We recommend that you visit the Fort early morning as it is less crowded in the morning plus the weather is also quite pleasant. Amer is located outside the city of Jaipur and hence hiring an Uber might turn out to be expensive. There are regular buses and shuttles available from the City to the Fort which are convenient and are not very expensive. One can also think about hiring a taxi for a full day to finish all the sight-seeing in Jaipur at once.
- Government authorized English/Hindi speaking guides are available at the entrance of the Fort for a reasonable price. We recommend that you hire one guide to provide you a complete understanding of the Fort and its history.
- We advise you plan your visit to the Fort in such a way that you can have one meal at 1135 AD. If you don’t have time for a meal, then at least try having a drink/coffee at the restaurant. Its worth the time.
- Government authorized English/Hindi speaking guides are available at the entrance of the Palace for a reasonable price. We recommend that you hire one guide to provide you a complete understanding of the City Palace and its history.
- Visits to the Amer Fort, the City Palace, the Jantar Mantar and the Hawa Mahal are the essential part of your visit to Jaipur. There are of course other amazing museums and historical buildings, but these four are the most renowned.
- We highly recommend taking back with you the Mava and Moong dal kachoris from Rawat Mishtaan Bhandar for your friends and family back home.
Shopping in Jaipur
Jaipur has a list of endless things that makes it a must visit shopping destination. If you’re a shopaholic, then don’t look anywhere else for a shopper’s paradise! The unique beauty and the traditional touch on the things will leave you smitten in no time. The top streets known for different products are :
Johari Bazaar – Famous for its precious and semi- precious jewellery. It is also known for its hand made jewellery at a very reasonable price.
Tripolia Bazaar – Known for its lac jewelry and the beautiful varieties of bangles is the best shopping area is Jaipur. You can also buy designer carpets, brass ware and other traditional wares.
Chandpol Bazaar – One of the traditional shopping markets in Jaipur, is where the creativity comes alive; where you can come across handicrafts, carvings made out of marble and other hand-looms. You can shop for popular pieces like the traditional and flamboyant shoes, pretty handicrafts, perfect sculptures made of wood and stones, carpets and turbans.
Other famous markets here are Kishanpol Bazaar, Nehru Bazaar, Sireh Deori Bazaar and MI road.
Food and Drinks
Bar Palladio – One of the must visit places in Jaipur. Authentic Italian cuisine with one of the best cocktails. With a menu ranging from crisp martini (shaken not stirred) to classic negronis, alongside the Venetian spritz and our signature drink Marina Rossa this tradition of the cocktail is accompanied with prosecco, a range of wines and aperitvo savories – arrancini, vegetable tempuras, bruschetta.
Jaipur Modern – A small and cozy restaurant serving comfort food, ranging from pizzas to chicken steaks. You will find the most amazing cheese cake & brownies here. One stop restaurant for all your cravings. They also sell locally made honey which is a must buy as a souvenir for your friends and family back home.
Rawat Mishtaan Bhandar – Jaipur is famous for its Kachoris and Rawat is the place to be to sample the best Pyaaz, Mava and Moong Dal kachoris.
1135 AD – Restaurant at Amer Fort – 1135 AD is a stylish restaurant located inside the Amer Fort. Classy ambience that reflects royalty, old-world charm with walls engraved with gold and silver. This place is known for its traditional Rajasthani delicacies. Some of the must try from their menu is the Zaffrani chicken korma, DuDhiya Roti, Murg shorba, Maas ka Sula, Mirchi Baigaan ka salan and all the desserts are a must try.
OTH Bistro & Bakery – A unique concept of bistro and bakers, it’s the place to bite into some sumptuous delicacies that are a rare find in Jaipur. From European breads, Viennese pastries, designer cupcakes to cookies, tarts, teacakes, croissants and macaroons along with savoury bites of puffs and turnovers, it offers an incredibly unique and wide range of European baked delights. From a healthy breakfast to salads and exotic appetizers to mains, there is a variety in cuisine too. But the must try here are their variety of Shakes.
Samode Haveli Restaurant – This one is a hidden gem in Jaipur the moment you enter you get super luxurious feel the view on pool side is jaw dropping plus this place gives u very cozy chilled and relaxed feel just sit there and enjoy the beauty plus food is very good best part is Lal mass dal makhani is proper North Indian style good food, good staff place is a bit expensive but worth it.
For all you friends out there, if you want to experience the best of Jaipur in three nights, please go through our itinerary – We assure you will not regret it!
June 24th , 2017
12:00 p.m. Drive to Samode Palace (approx 4 hours from Ranthambore)
2:00 p.m. Check-in at Samode Palace
Relaxing day at Samode Palace – Dip in the pool, spa, watched a puppet show
9:30 p.m. Authentic Rajasthani dinner at their restaurant
June 25th , 2017
8:00 a.m. Explore Samode Village on Camel Cart
9:30 a.m. Breakfast at Samode Baug
11:00 a.m. Explore the majestic gardens of Samode Baug
12:30 p.m. Drive to Jaipur
2:00 p.m. Check in at Samode Haveli, Jaipur
2:30 p.m. Lunch at Samode Haveli
5:00 p.m. Dip in the pool at Samode Haveli
7:00 p.m. Drinks at Bar Palladio
10:30 p.m. Dinner at Jaipur Modern
June 26th , 2017
8:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m Sight seeing
Must see the Amer Fort, City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal
2:30 p.m. Lunch at OTH Bistro & Cafe
4:00 p.m. Street Shopping at Bapu Bazaar
6:00 p.m. Relish Rawaat Kachoris
7:00 p.m. Dip in the pool at Samode Haveli
9:30 p.m. Dinner at Samode Haveli
June 27th , 2017
8:00 a.m. Breakfast
12:30 p.m. Check out
2:00 p.m. Flight back home
Coming up next…. MIRINDA fun facts…All you need to know about Jaipur!!
Keep following www.mirindatravels.com to know all about it !!